KEYE-TV - Search Results
Manor Neighborhood Struggling In The Cold After House Fire, Gas Shutoff
A gas line explosion has left many residents in one Manor neighborhood out in the cold. The explosion occurred Thursday while employees of Texas Community Propane worked on the line. Two of those employees are recovering from second degree burns.
Deanna Pichon, the woman who owned the home that exploded, is now staying at a hotel with her children and she's blaming the company who owns the gas line for the explosion.
"I didn't believe it, who would believe that their house is on fire, you know, like I called for a simple gas leak to a fire and now I'm homeless with nowhere to go, would nobody expect that, it's just crazy," Pichon said..
The explosion left hundreds without service.
The Texas Propane Company says they are doing everything they can to get service restored.
By Lydia Pantazes