KEYE-TV - Search Results
2 Injured After Manor Home Catches Fire
A Manor home caught fire Thursday afternoon, injuring two men.
It happened at around 2 p.m. in the 11500 Briar Creek Loop.
Captain Beals, a local fire official, says they received a report of a gas odor in the neighborhood and when they came out to inspect the area they got a call for a structure fire on Briar Creek Loop. When they arrived the first floor of the two-story homes was on fire.
Beals says a gas line had been severed at the home and two service technicians who were at the scene when the fire ignited suffered burns and were transported to a hospital.
The flames were extinguished by 3:20 p.m. Work crews are at the home attempting to shut off gas in the area.
Austin-Travis County EMS says two propane service workers are being transported to University Medical Center Brackenridge with serious burns to the face.