KEYE-TV - Search Results
Temple House Fire Kills 1; Space Heater In Home
TEMPLE, Texas (AP) -- A Central Texas house fire has claimed one life and investigators are trying to determine whether a space heater sparked the blaze.
Temple Fire & Rescue officials say the apparent accidental fire broke out early Friday in a small wood-frame home.
A body discovered in a bedroom has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Further details on the victim weren't immediately released.
Investigators say a space heater was found in the bedroom and close to some combustible bedding. The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the upper 30s in Temple at the time of the fire early Friday.
(Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)